ROAD TO KANGAROO ISLAND - $299 (ONE WAY)
Heading to Kangaroo Island? Don't miss out on an unforgettable adventure discovering the rugged beauty of the Fleurieu Peninsula and world-famous McLaren Vale, home of South Australia's best food and wine!
OVERVIEW OF TOUR
The Road to Kangaroo Island adventure tour offers visitors the chance to discover the highlights and secret locations of the region via off-road action with Off Piste 4WD Tours. The tour follows the Fleurieu Explorer tour route dropping off at Cape Jervis Sealink ferry terminal at 5:00pm for the 6:00pm Sealink ferry departing for Penneshaw.
Picking up in central Adelaide at 9:30am (Glenelg/Adelaide Airport 9:50am, McLaren Vale 10:20am) experience a stunning beach drive, visit a couple of McLaren Vale's quirky winery cellar doors while getting away from the crowds and behind the scenes. Explore secret and unknown locations via a range off thrilling off-road tracks through local knowledge. Be treated to handmade cheeses with tasty local wines and a selection of other fresh, morning refreshments immersed in either one of our exclusive bush landscape locations or high up overlooking the magnificent southern ocean via private, thrilling off-road track access. A wonderful day packed with a surprise 3-course gourmet lunch, craft beers and award-winning wines, adventure and unforgettable wildlife before arriving in Australia's very own 'Galapagos'.
* Passengers must have accommodation and transport already organised on Kangaroo Island. Call Ben +61 423 725 409 for suggestions. ** ITINERARY CAN BE REVERSED - 9:15am pick up from Cape Jervis
• 8 hour fully guided 4WD tour
• Local guide
• Picnic hamper lunch
• Free onboard WIFI
• Permits and entry fees to National Parks
• A refreshment stop with cheese, local wines and handcraft beers, fresh juices and soft drinks
• Tour vehicle is a comfy, air conditioned 4WD Toyota Land Cruiser Troopcarrier
• Pick up from accommodation or pre-arranged location within central Adelaide
• Drinking water carried on tour at all times
WHAT TO BRING
• Binoculars (optional)
• Sturdy shoes
• Water bottle
• Hat and sunglasses
• Warm clothing including summer months
• Adult: $299
• Child: $249 (Under 16)
• Tours depart daily at 9:30am
• Drops off at Cape Jervis for 6:00pm Sealink ferry to Penneshaw
• Lunch included consists of a delicious 3-course at a surprise location
• Minimum 2 passengers for tour to operate
• It is extremely important that you have valid travel insurance prior to departure
• Extreme weather can affect the itinerary at any time during the tour and also Sealink ferry across to Kangaroo Island
• We highly advise checking the weather forecast prior to travelling and dressing accordingly
• Please refer to our terms and conditions and cancellation policy for further details
Sea & Vines Weekend 2013
Jeff Wright, Head brewer at Vale Ale Beer Co.
We were looking for a company to transport us between home and a few wineries on the weekend of Sea and Vines so that we could enjoy a few beverages. I contact Off Piste to see if they were free for the day. They happily picked us up from home and returned at the end of the night with 3 wineries in between. Traffic at times around McLaren Vale was frantic on the Sunday, but luckily this was a 4WD tour and Ben was able to take us on a few short cuts down fire tracks and avoided all the slow traffic. It was a great way to see the vineyards and would definitely book him again. Thanks for the day Ben!
Etan Smallman - UK Journalist
The most breathtaking tour of Fleurieu Peninsula, with the most fabulously awesome tour guide!
Tanya, Bec, Sarah, Katie - Melbourne
Thank you so much for taking us out on such short notice before heading back to Melbourne. None of us really knew much about the Fleurieu and wow! Great tour, excellent service and we all can't wait to do it all again.
Fleur & Tom - Sydney
Fabulous trip around a unknown part of SA. 4WD through the southern Vales and out at Deep Creek was truly breathtaking. The surprise stop off with delicious canapes over looking KI was a real treat. Highly enjoyable tour.
What an amazing adventure!
Camille & Francois - Quebec
My partner and I planned to fly directly to Kangaroo Island and by chance picked up an Off Piste 4WD Tour business card from Samuel's Gorge Winery. Curious, we called and booked that day. Both of us are so fortunate we did. Ben gave us a unforgettable day showing us so many wonderful things around the Fleurieu Peninsula which we had no idea about. What a beautiful part of South Australia! Wineries, wild 4WD tracks with kangaroos bouncing through the vineyards alongside the car! Amazing lunch at a restaurant Ben choose for us and got us a table that day. Very informative, and a comfortable trip with huge amount of stories and great humour. I would recommend Off Piste 4WD Tours to anyone with a sense of adventure. Good luck Ben!