NOTE: If you're one or two persons and your desired date isn't available make sure to ring / text / email us to find out whether we've had a last minute cancellation.
The full day tour itinerary begins daily from central Adelaide at 9:30am, Glenelg at 9:50am, McLaren Vale at 10:20am from your hotel or a pre-arranged location, including Adelaide Airport. A relaxed 40-minute drive brings us to the picturesque internationally acclaimed McLaren Vale wine region. Adventure begins by exclusively exploring off-road tracks journeying through beautiful bush landscapes passing world-class vineyards, and visiting incredible ancient geological sites.
First off, visitors experience a thrilling off-road journey through the heart of the magnificent Onkaparinga River NP. Morning refreshments are served consisting of cheeses served with locally sourced wines while taking in the captivating views across the treasured region. Keep a sharp eye out for native, wildlife encounters introducing a plethora of bird species, eastern grey kangaroos, echidnas, skinks, lizards, and of course our super cute koalas.
OPTIONAL - In the mood for a cheeky tipple? McLaren Vale, renown for its premium Shiraz and Grenache offers a range of winery cellar doors. Be entertained by a local winemaker, gain a first hand understanding of a winery’s complex operation and sample latest releases.
This brings up the halfway mark where we will stop for a delicious picnic-style lunch with locally sourced, regional produce (catering for all dietaries) at a secret location exclusive to Off Piste 4WD Tours.
After concluding lunch we continue southwards with a unique opportunity to drive along the water’s edge of Gulf St Vincent on Silversands beach**. Passionate photographers are blessed with photo opportunities at this point on the tour capturing the timeless vista of the surrounding landscapes. Leaving the coastline, we start the climb over the Willunga Hills into Inman Valley and Second Valley via a matrix of thrilling off-road tracks linking together an ever-changing environment.
Along the way your guide will share aboriginal stories about the traditional lands of the Kaurna and Ngarrindjeri, the Indigenous Australians of the Fleurieu Peninsula. The tour continues to make its way into the incredible preserved bushland sanctuary of the Fleurieu southern parklands*** inaccessible to other tours. Boasting some of the Fleurieu's most dramatic views, the tour will stop at unforgettable vistas overlooking Kangaroo Island, the southern coastline, its sublime beaches and the vastness of the Southern Ocean. Hopefully, a great opportunity to meet some of the local wildlife including kangaroos, koalas, echidnas and a huge range of native birds. From mid May through to late October we keep a keen eye out for the spectacular Southern Right Whale.
Weather depending, we take a rugged track through a beautifully eerie bush landscape that is very unique to the southern region of the Fleurieu Peninsula. A tea and coffee stop can be arranged upon request on the return drive back to your accommodation where the adventure first began.
* Barrel tasting at winemaker's discretion / availability.
** Beach drive accessible depending on tide level.
*** National Parks may be closed due to weather / feral animal removal.
• 8-hour 4WD tour with an accredited, local guide
• Morning refreshments showcasing local produce
• Lunch - Delicious 3-courses (Drinks & desserts not included if dining at a restaurant)
• Tour vehicle is a luxury, air conditioned 2018 Toyota 200-Series 4WD Land Cruiser
• Pick up / drop off from Adelaide CBD, Glenelg, McLaren Vale, ADL Airport
• National Parks & wine tasting fees
• Drinking water available throughout tour
• Free onboard WiFi (Like us in return!)
WHAT TO BRING
• Sturdy shoes
• Water bottle
• Hat and sunglasses
• Warm clothing including summer months
• Adult: $299
• Child: $249 (16 and under)
• Tours depart daily at 9:30am
• Minimum 2 passengers for tour to operate
• It is extremely important that you have valid travel insurance prior to departure
• Extreme weather can affect the itinerary at any time during the tour
• Please check weather forecast prior to travelling and dress accordingly
PO Box 753, Willunga SAGet Directions
Terms and Conditions
1) Refreshments and lunch will be served at a location according to the weather on the day of travel. 2) Please advise of any dietaries 72-hours prior to departure to avoid disappointment. 3) Groups over 8+ passengers must be booked 6 weeks in advance of desired departure date. 4) Please reconfirm tour 24 - 48hrs prior to travel by txt or call: +61 423 725 409 CANCELLATION POLICY Due to the extensive organisation involved with touring, a strict cancellation fee will be applicable to compensate for costs and lost revenue. Once a booking is made the following cancellation fees will apply: 30 days to 24 hours = 50% of fare • Within 24 hours = 100% of fare. If you fail to join a tour, join it after departure, or leave it prior to its completion, no refund can be made. The above cancellation fees are in addition to fees that may be levied by travel agents or third party tour and transport operator cancellation fees. It is necessary to reconfirm tours 48 hours prior to travel by calling: +61 423 725 409 – failure to do so may result in the booking being cancelled and fees charged.